This is my favorite recipe for homemade carrot cake! This cake is so easy to make, perfectly moist, and topped with an easy homemade cashew cream cheese frosting. The Carrot Cake is vegan and healthy as well. I have used multigrain flour instead of all purpose flour which is high in nutrients and fiber. Also instead of using store bought cream cheese frosting, I made cashew cream cheese frosting.
Benefits. Carrots contain vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Evidence suggests that eating more antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, can help reduce the risks of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Carrots are also rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Making this Carrot Cake is super simple and easy. Start my mixing up your dry ingredients. I love to add spices in my carrot cake so I used ground cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. All three spices add such a wonderful flavor to this cake. I have also added raisin and walnut in the batter since I like the taste of it, but you can prefer to leave it if you don’t like them.
Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 Cup multigrain flour
- ½ Cup sugar
- ½ Teaspoon baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon bakin soda
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- ¼ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Cup almond milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup raisin
- ½ Cup grated carrot
- Walnut to garnish
- Cashew Frosting
- 1 Cup cashew
- ¼ Cup almond milk
- ¼ Cup maple syrup
- Juice of half lime
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1 In a large bowl, soak cashew in hot water for 2-4 hours.
- Step 2 Rinse and drain the cashews, add them to a food processor or blender. Add almond milk, maple syrup, lime juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Step 3 Transfer the cashew frosting to a bowl and refrigerate while you make the cake.
- Step 4 Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 2 separate 4-inch round cake pans and set aside.
- Step 5 In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Step 6 In a separate mixing bowl, add the almond milk, olive oil and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Step 7 Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, folding with a spatula until combined.
- Step 8 Add the grated carrots and raisins and fold them in.
- Step 9 Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pre-greased cake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Step 10 Cover one cake evenly with the cashew frosting. Add the final layer and frost the top of the cake generously
- Step 11 Sprinkle with chopped walnuts for garnish.
- Step 12 Refrigerate until ready to serve.